Items to bring when volunteering at Colobus Conservation should be reasonably sturdy and breathable for field work, following monkeys and going into the forest.
It is very hot and humid on the coast of Kenya, and if you come during the rainy season, it can be very wet (but still hot!). Please see [Diani Beach, Kenya Climate] for weather details.
Some of the items volunteers should bring:
- Cotton shirts and trousers for the field, sturdy yet breathable
- Walking shoes, sturdy yet breathable
- Water bottle
- Day pack
- Insect repellent and antimalarial tablets
- Torch (Flashlight)
- Sun hat, sun glasses and sun cream
- Camera & camera film (not essential)
- Binoculars (not essential)
Please note that due to the traditional cultures, volunteers are asked not to wear short shorts or revealing tops on work days in the field or in the office.